The Office of the President, in coordination with the Department of Trade and Industry, will be sponsoring the 1st International Organization for Standardization (ISO) National Training on Risk Management and Information Security on December 9-13, 2019 at the Social Hall Conference, Mabini Hall, J.P. Laurel St., Malacañang, Manila.
The capability building activity aims to impart understanding of the broad principles of Risk Management, including an overview of ISO, the relationship between standards, information technology standards, emerging risks, security and privacy, supply chain security and cybersecurity. Specifically, it will cover the following ISO, IEC and ISO/IEC Standards:
- ISO 31000:2018, Risk management – Guidelines
- IEC 31010:2019, Risk management – Risk assessment techniques
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013, Information security management systems – Requirements
- ISO/IEC 27005:2018, Information security risk management
- ISO/IEC 27032:2012, Guidelines for cybersecurity
- ISO/IEC 29134:2017, Guidelines for privacy impact assessment
At least fifty (50) senior ranking officials and technical personnel from various government agencies involved in risk management, risk assessment, cybersecurity and data privacy risk mitigation efforts will participate in the activity.
ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization, comprising of 164 national standard bodies, which brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant International Standards that support innovation and solutions to global challenges.